Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sponsor Highlight | My Lille Limón


I would like to say a big welcome to my new sponsor, wepshop My Lille Limón. A shop filled with beautiful items, carefully selected by the owner Melanie Jespersen. With categories like children's wear, toys, homeware, party and stationary it is easy to find what you might be looking for. With labels like Anive for the minors / Indikidual / Little Titans / Lötiekids / Gray Label etc there is also sure to be something for the mini fashionista as well. Right now their are having a great winter sale that is definitely worth checking out!

Mini Q&A with the owner, Melanie Jespersen:
1. Can you tell us a little about how My Lille Limón started? What is your inspiration, and how did you come up with the name?

My inspiration for My Lille Limón came to me when I was planning for my daughter's (Zoë) 1st birthday. I could not find any eco partyware locally that I loved and so I sourced almost everything from other countries. As I found more and more lovely products online I began to think how great it would be to have access to this in Denmark and so this is really how it all started to take shape. My inspiration is most definitely Zoë. Once she was born I became a little addict of organic and sustainable products. The name came to me while I was sitting at my desk looking at a strawberry shortcake doll (those from the 80's and 90's which I collect) called Lemon Meringue. I have always loved lemony things and while sitting there I also knew that it was important that the name reflect my family's cultural makeup (i am hispanic american and married to a dane) and from these two very different thoughts came the name which kind of just popped into my head. The name means my little lemon if translated into english.
 
2. I love shops with their own sense of identity, based on your selection how would you describe My Lille Limón's?


I would describe the identity at My Lille Limón as 'modern nostalgia'. I love to buy products that have a foot in each so to speak. Things that remind us of a past but still have that innovative touch. My Lille Limón is a place where sustainability is a huge part of what is featured. We want to bring new and different designers to the forefront that respect the environment and inspire the imagination, thus giving customers a new range of labels to choose from. 

3. What is your own favorites from your shop?

My favorites pieces are Anive for the Minors Circus top, Modeerska Huset fox romper, Gray Label chestnut hoodie, Kate and Birdie yellow bunnies gift wrapping paper, H-Luv fabrications cloud mobile and Ateliers Reinette indian headdresses!


:: Visit: MY LILLE LIMÓN ::

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v